Thursday, June 19, 2008

thing 20 recap

this one was easy for me. i used youtube this past year to share the school house rock videos with my students. we used them in social studies, mainly with the american revolution. my kids LOVED this! at first they were skeptical with the animation looking very old, but once we covered the material and then listened to them over and over, they realized that it really made sense and was helpful...not just a video to watch.

as for teacher tube, i found some good stuff on it. the video i chose to post was one that one of my kids made. we uploaded them to teacher tube, so we could embed them onto our civil war wiki.

2 comments:

VWB said...

so your district allows Youtube...we manage to use videos from there through conversion of the format to a player we have.

Mamalibearian said...

I love the Schoolhouse Rock series! I remember them from my school days and I love that our kids are still getting something out of them now!