Tuesday, July 7, 2009

11.5-thing 2 ( wordle)

wordle



i used wordle to create a word cloud about a place that means a lot to me....camp nakanawa. i was first introduced to it in 1988 by my aunt who spent many years as a counselor. i spent the next 7 summers having the time of my life, meeting lifelong friends, and becoming a better person. being a teacher keeps my summers free and 3 years ago i came back to be a counselor. my wordle reflects things about camp that i keep close to me no matter where i am.

if i were doing this with a class, i might have them choose a character or events in a story they are reading and have them create a word cloud. i would have liked to use this when i taught 5th grade social studies, maybe using the characteristics of our 20th century proejct, or our study of the presidents or colonies.

0 comments: